We are seeking an experienced AR Engineer / Team Lead to continue building our immersive augmented reality games using Unity. As the first lead engineer on the project, you will not only tackle a wide array of technical challenges but also guide and mentor your team to craft engaging, real-world game-play experiences.
We value individuals with robust judgment, excellent leadership skills, a keen eye for detail, and the capacity to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Our ideal candidate relishes coaching others, solving complex problems, has a deep understanding game mechanics, and thrives working in a creative environment. If you're the type of leader who isn't afraid to roll up your sleeves and lead by example, we would love to welcome your creativity and expertise into our team. We are dedicated to delivering fun, world-class games, and we are excited to see what you will bring to our mission.Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with, Management, CTO, Head of Platform & Project Managers to plan development schedules.
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers to execute on a shared creative vision.
- Take responsibility for the development and quality of engaging AR gameplay features that are both challenging and fun.
- Assist team members in their professional growth, enabling them to tackle challenges independently.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, QA, and other departments to ensure code and technology meet internal standards.
- Contribute to the creation and execution of project plans and schedules.
- Oversee the prototyping process, ensuring its quality, compatibility, and efficiency, while actively participating in prototyping sessions, contributing to the ongoing development and innovation of our AR experiences.Qualifications:
- Significant mobile game development experience.
- Proficiency with 3D game engines, particularly Unity 3D.
- Extensive experience in C# and AR/VR Development.
- Proven track record in a leadership role, demonstrating strong coaching and team development skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.We Would <3 It If You Also Have:
- Experience with location-based games.
- Experience using Niantic Lightship (or similar systems).
- Experience using Google Cloud Anchors for AR/Google Geospatial API.
- Experience working with Google Firebase/Firestore.
- Experience and/or interest in developing/implementing AI components for Mobile Games.
- Experience and/or interest in Mobile Computer Vision/LiDAR Technologies.
- BS or MSc in Computer Science or other technical major, or equivalent experience.
- A passion for problem-solving games, treasure hunting, and puzzle games.
If you're ready to lead and inspire a team while creating cutting-edge AR experiences, we can't wait to hear from you.
To apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
with attached CV and a short intro as to why you are the perfect candidate for this position, please use the subject line "Lead AR Engineer" in your application, please also include as many links or demos of previous work (does not need to have been released!).